This website introduces our full range of B2B services in both Japanese and English language.
Our consulting practice – EIU Canback – helps consumer-facing companies to enter new markets as well as deliver greater success in current markets.
We work globally, supporting senior management with strategic initiatives, & due diligence, demand forecasting and other issues of fundamental importance to their corporations.
Who we help
We work globally across many consumer-facing sectors, supporting senior management on strategic initiatives, M&A due diligence, demand forecasting, and other issues of fundamental importance to their corporations.
Technology & Telecoms
How we can help
We assist organisations at all stages in their market identification, analysis and entry processes.
Let us help you with:
Identify market opportunities
We are able to draw upon the knowledge of a large pool of country and industry experts, as well as proprietary economic and risk models, to help clients identify new markets and perform better in existing ones in a fast-changing world. Through our structured cross-market research and forward-looking data and analysis we help you to understand how changing economic conditions affect your business:
- Which are my priority markets today and in the future?
- How do I move into new markets?
- What external factors will affect the markets I operate in today?
- Which product categories will perform best over the next five years?
Assess market potential
We help you to scan the globe to assess market potential both now and in the future. Our analysis helps you to build a consistent view across opaque and data-poor markets and to balance opportunities and risks.
Through our market segmentation models we identify and size your target
markets at the national or city level, enabling you to prioritise opportunities in a cost effective way. We answer key questions, such as:
- Where are new markets emerging for my services?
- How should I prioritise growth markets?
- What is the balance between opportunity and risk?
- How will my markets be different in five years' time?
- Which cities will be the best match for my target demographic in the future?
Support market entry
Building a full view of new markets from all angles is crucial to support your
strategy. Through a mix of primary and secondary research, in addition to tried and tested forecast models, we are able to drill down for a detailed view of a market and address questions, such as:
- Will the market support the level of investment now and in ten years' time?
- What share of the market can we achieve?
- What competition will we face and what are the distribution channels?
- Is the regulatory environment in the market conducive to my business?
We are able to call upon in-house expertise on trade, regulatory, risk and business environment issues to deliver a deep understanding of the competitive, business and regulatory environment before you enter a new market.
Perform M&A due diligence
We have a special expertise in quick delivery of M&A operational due diligence, working with up to 30 team members to evaluate acquisition opportunities from a market and functional perspective.
- Independent decision making
- Completed over 50 due diligence projects since 2009
- In-market research merged with local insight
- International expertise, particularly in emerging markets
An M&A framework:
- Standardised and highly efficient processes
- Unique due diligence approach emphasising market potential
A quantitative approach:
- Unique focus on demand modelling
- Market sizing and forecasting using rigorous statistical models
Companies need to assess how their performance measures up to potential competitors and understand new opportunities and risks emerging in the markets in which they operate.
Through an unrivalled network of on-the- ground contributors and world-class economists and country experts we are able to offer monitoring services that provide our clients with an up-to- date and independent view of their markets.
Our customised demand and sales forecasting models, driven by our regularly updated analysis and combining internal and third-party data, enable companies to quantify how changing economic conditions affect their business.
We help companies with questions, such as:
- How will my product categories perform in the next five years?
- Which market segments (value, mid-range, premium) will perform most strongly?
- How do I create "what-if" scenarios around problems such as pricing strategies?
- What risks will affect my supply chain?